FabFilter User Forum

Pro L2 crashes Logic Pro X 10.4.8 and doesn't let to open projects

Dear Fabfilter Team,

For the last 6 months I have been experiencing the continuous problem with Logic session crashing when trying to open existing sessions which have Pro L2 limiter inserted and active in the project.

After the crash I get the Apple error message report saying that the culprit of the crash is Pro L2. Sometimes I can open the project with Pro L2, but it's very rare. Other projects which contain various Fabfilter plugins do work and open just fine, so it's only the Pro L2 which gives me problems. I have reinstalled the latest version of the plugin.
Is there anything you could recommend to me to solve the issue?

My system is: 2013 Mac Pro running latest Mojave OS and Logic 10.4.8
Thanking you in advance
Sergey

Sergey

Hi Sergey,

This is a known issue, which seems to be caused by the PACE framework, as used by iLok-protected plug-ins from companies such as SoundToys or Slate. These plug-ins seem to occasionally corrupt the memory space of other plug-ins like ours.

We're working on a workaround to at least avoid crashes until PACE fixes this. Here's a Total Bundle pre-release (64-bit only), which contains plug-in versions that should work properly:

www.fabfilter.com/download/pre-release/fftotalbundle.dmg

Note: during installation, you can choose 'Customise' to select the plug-ins you would like to install.

IMPORTANT: This is an untested pre-release, which might still contain minor issues or small bugs. If you encounter any problems, do let us know!

Let me know if this solves your issue!

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Great, thank you so much for your prompt help Ralph.
Been using the suggested pre-release version of Pro L2 for the last few days and I haven't been experiencing any more crashes.

Many thanks
Sergey

Sergey

I was just googling about this as I had recently updated my MBP to a new late 2019 model running Logic 10.5.1 and previously Pro-L 2 didn't even show up in the list of available plugins in the Audio FX box of the channel strip or mixer - even despite resetting and rescanning the AU Plug in Manager (where inexplicably it DOES show up).

The Beta release above solved the problem! Thought you folks should know! Thank you

Dom Sewell

Reply to this topic: