FabFilter User Forum

Can Saturn 2 load Saturn 1 presets?

Hello,

Saturn 2 seems really great but before purshasing it, I would like to know if it is retrocompatible, please.

For example, can we load a Saturn 1 preset in Saturn 2? If so, is the sound exactly the same?

In that case, I could get rid Saturn 1 plugin off my computer after replacing instances and improving old audio tracks with new features offered by Saturn 2.

Thanks.

creal

Hi Creal,

Certainly! Saturn 2 is backwards compatible with Saturn 1 presets. However, please note that Saturn 2 won't automatically replace Saturn 1 in any of your sessions. If you want to replace Saturn 1 instances in your sessions by Saturn 2, the easiest thing to do is simple save the current settings on Saturn 1 as a preset, open a instance of Saturn 2 and load the preset.

Maarten (Fabfilter)

Hi Maarten,

Thank you for your reply and reactivity! I will certainly do that process for all of my Saturn 1 instances, which are quite few by the way :)

creal

Trying to open older session with Saturn 1 settings (Pro Tools 10) in Saturn 2 (Pro Tools 2020)
showing me its not compatible. Both Sessions on Mac.

When i save Saturn 1 preset it gets extension .tfx and Saturn 2 refuses to open it and gives me "These files are not valid settings for the plug-in"

I tried importing it from the top menu of plug in, dragging settings in Saturn 2 plugins, which are by the way .ffp extention, even tried renaming extension.

Please advise
, MG

MG

Hi MG,

It looks like you are saving the presets with Pro Tools' preset manager instead of the plug-ins preset manager. Pro Tools saves its presets as a .tfx file. All FabFilter plug-ins save their presets as .ffp files, including Saturn 1. Please try to save your preset using the build in preset manager of the plug-in.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: