FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q3 not showing up in plugin list

Hi I recently upgraded to Pro Q3 on 10.15.3 Logic X 10.5

It says Pro Q3 is validated but won't show in plugin lists.

Any ideas?

J

Fixed it . No sweat

J

How did you fix it?

Kevin Odekirk

Hi Kevin,

With our last 2 general updates, we removed the FabFilter prefix for all AU and VST3 plug-ins. Some DAWs did not abbreviate the plug-in name correctly or al all, which could result in a mixer window which read "FabFilterPr" on insert slots that had our plug-ins inserted. We removed the FabFilter prefix so you now just see the plug-in name.

However, due to this name change the plug-ins now may appear in a different location in your plug-in list. Before they were all listed under FabFilter but not anymore.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

I seem to be having the same issue. I think you're reply indicates that they will indeed show up, just not in the right place. On my system, a new M1 MAcbook Air, I can see the plugins validated successfully, but they do not show up anywhere in the session drop down lists. Any chance you might be able to offer support for this? I tried adding a "custom name" or short name" in the logic plugin manager but that didn't work either.

Any thoughts?

THANKS!

Kevin

Kevin Odekirk

Hi Kevin,

So they show up in your Plug-in Manager in Logic but you do not see them in your plug-in list? Are the plug-ins validated by Logic properly, and is the "Use" box ticked?

One thing that you could try, is to reinstall -all- FabFilter plug-ins. Please see

www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/#how-do-i-completely-uninstall-plug-ins-from-my-system

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Yeah they are "ticked" and have been uninstalled and reinstalled. No dice.

Any way to rename them back how they were before? Maybe that would fix? I've never encountered this before. But this is a new M1 Macbook Air.

Kevin

Kevin Odekirk

I'm having the same problem Kevin, let me know if you figured it out!

Giovanni Sartori

Same here !

Pope

Hi guys,

When Pro-Q 3 is listed in Logic's plug-in manager, but not in the plug-in list, please select Pro-Q 3 in the plug-in manager, right click and select Remove. Now restart your computer completely and reinstall Pro-Q 3. Start Logic, and Pro- Q 3 should not appear in your plug-in list.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your issue.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

hello, I encountered the same problem, always with m1 chip pc, you can not remove it with the right button..

Luca Posapiano

I have the same issue. I deleted all the files, rescanned and re-install FabFilter Pro-Q3, and... nothing.

iMac M1, Big Sur.

Max

Reply to this topic: