FabFilter User Forum

Import Presets (ffp) to any FF plugin in iOS

A friend of mine just sent me some ffp files. How do i do to import them on my iOS device.

(I saw that we can save our own presets under a "preset" folder when we edit them... but i can't reach this folder with the iOS "File" App).

Can you help ? (Say if there is a way to do it, or if i'm losing my time :) )

Thanks

Alban Perrin

Hi Alban,

When creating the iOS preset system, I've looked into this because it would of course be very nice if you can share presets between Mac/PC and iOS. However, as far as I know there is no way currently for an AUv3 plug-in on iOS to have its files show up in the Files app. Only apps have the ability to appear in the Files app. Of course each AUv3 plug-in is contained in its own app, but the plug-in can't access the public files area from the app. So my conclusion was that this is -at the moment- not possible unfortunately.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Even if your answer is kind of frustrating, it is so cool to receive such a precise answer in no time. And you confirmed what i though (but i didn't though it was due to an apple limitation... even if i'm not very surprised... )

Thank you :) (I guess i just have to try and jailbreak my ipad... i think i'll be able to access that damn folder then :) ).

Alban Perrin

Hi Frederik,

It's possible! Eventide have found a way. Their method is to import/export presets using the Files App, which obviates the need for direct access to any protected folders.

I'd love to be able to do the same with your plug-ins, as I use them extensively on both platforms, because they are the best ;)

Cheers,

Andy

There's definitely a way to do it and we'll look into it!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Amazing :)

Thanks Frederik!

Andy

Is there an answer to this? I also have a few desktop presets I would like to bring over to the iPad. Thanks and merry Christmas!

Marcus Manderson

Is there an answer to this? I also have a few desktop presets I would like to bring over to the iPad. Thanks and merry Christmas!

Marcus Manderson

Any update on this? It would seriously improve the workflow and would be greatly appreciated!

Some presets are just way too complicated to simply recreate, especially in plugins like Saturn 2.

J.H.

Preset sharing is the #1 request on audiob.us forum.

There is renewed interest in this now that Timeless 3 was released on iPadOS.

joebowbeer

Reply to this topic: