FabFilter User Forum

Timeless feature request: add phase invert switches to the wet outputs

FabFilter,

In your next release of Timeless, would you consider adding phase invert switches to the wet outputs, please?

The impetus for this request is using Timeless as a mono-to-stereo effect, and it works great for that. But it requires an aux send, as well as another plugin after Timeless to invert the phase of one channel.

Timeless does have phase invert switches for the feedback lines, but not the final wet outgoing signals. Since I am using Timeless as a mono-to-stereo effect, I am not using the feedback lines at all.

The current setup for a mono-to-stereo effect looks like this:

mono track -> aux send

aux slot 1: Timeless
Timeless filters set to "per channel"
Timeless L delay feedback is 0
Timeless L delay cross feedback is 0
Timeless R delay feedback is 0
Timeless R delay cross feedback is 0
Timeless L is panned left, has 10ms delay and 12dB/octave hp filter (clean) at 632.46Hz
Timeless R is panned right, has 10ms delay and 12dB/octave hp filter (clean) at 632.46Hz
Timeless dry mix is -infdB dry (0% dry)
Timeless wet mix is 0dB wet (100% wet)

aux slot 2: phase inverter
L has normal phase
R has phase inverted

aux return -> track; adjust aux return to taste; -6dB sounds about right.

If Timeless had phase invert switches, an aux send would not be necessary and the setup would look like this:

mono signal -> Timeless on channel slot

Timeless filters set to "per channel"
Timeless L delay feedback is 0
Timeless L delay cross feedback is 0
Timeless R delay feedback is 0
Timeless R delay cross feedback is 0
Timeless L is panned left, has 10ms delay and 12dB/octave hp filter (clean) at 632.46Hz
Timeless R is panned right, has 10ms delay and 12dB/octave hp filter (clean) at 632.46Hz
Timeless dry mix is 0dB dry (100% dry), i.e. the original mono signal is untouched
Timeless wet mix is -XdB wet, controls the stereoization effect

and the requested feature: TIMELESS R WET OUTPUT PHASE INVERT SWITCH IS ON

adjust Timeless wet mix to taste; -6dB sounds about right.

Long story short: adding phase invert switches on the wet outputs will allow a mono-to-stereo effect to be done entirely within Timeless, without an aux.

Thanks,
Fred

Uncle Freddie

The use case I described was pretty specific, so I just wanted to add one more thing, in case it was not obvious: adding phase invert switches to the wet outputs allows other possibilities for spacey, phasey effects as well.

Fred

Uncle Freddie

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your feedback! We'll take note, however I can't promise if and when it will be implemented.

Cheers,

Ralph (Fabfilter

Reply to this topic: