FabFilter User Forum

Timeless should be great! Suggestions

Hi

Two things don't allow Timeless to be my most used delay plugin: modulation and visual representation.

1) LFO editing is painful. This modulator has many cute buttons and cute icons but has no flow. I need to click here, then click there, then one more click... instead of just drag it to the desired length then set it parameters using drawing features.

2) Lack of visual representation and modulation feedback doesn't allow to see what is going on. This is not a problem in simple delay plugins but in Timeless there are many chances to move to total despair zone when you start to use modulation.

A couple of theses:

– It's easier to tweak the delay parameters when you see actual delay pillars in a timeline. In most cases, people don't need to know numeric values cause they set the delay time in context.

– a plugin that has an intuitive workflow should be visual and allow to drawing instead of programming. Again, this refers us to the modulation feedback question: there is an extremely useful pattern - to show dynamic modulation rows/columns/circles in the target parameter background. It's that thing that allows you actually "play", make it alive and responsive to actions. I know you want to keep the interface clean, but now it's hard to use anyway.

– I never use Volcano 2. I bought it but I can't... I don't see anything, I can't "play" on it, I need to program it instead. No background specter, no feedback, it's static like a rock. Timeless has the same problems.

I really want to use these plugins on an everyday basis because they're extremely well programmed ("top-notch", like everyone says) but I can't, now they're killing my flow.

I can share you with my ideas about Timeless, Volcano and your modulation system at all. Just ask me, please. I can even prototype my ideas and thoughts (I'm mobile interface designer so I think about interfaces and create them most of the time). That's because I really need your plugins for myself.

Aidar Ka

+1000000000000

Can't agree more

Yroth

Some really good points here! We’ll surely implement some in future updates...

Floris (FabFilter)

Thank you, I'll be looking forward to! )

Aidar Ka

Reply to this topic: