FabFilter User Forum

Will ALL Fabfilter plugins work in MacOS Catalina?

Hello …

I thought I’d check to see if ALL Fabfilter plugins will work on MacOS Catalina.  I’m getting a new Mac in 2-4 weeks with Catalina already installed.

Thanks in advance!

Greg

Greg Jobes

Hi Greg,

MacOS Catalina is still in a beta phase, so we're waiting on the official release. Of course, we will make our plug-ins compatible with Catalina when it is time!

Maarten

We have just tested our plug-ins on the latest macOS Catalina beta version, and as far as we can see, they all seem to work just fine!

Floris (FabFilter)

Is the installer notarized and fully compliant with Apple’s security guidelines?

David

Hi David,

Yes, all our current installers are already notarized and compliant. They run on macOS Catalina without any issues.

Floris (FabFilter)

How about Pro Q 2?

Ben

Hi Ben,

The latest installer of Pro-Q 2 and Pro-L 1 should also work on macOS Catalina! These are also notarized.

Floris (FabFilter)

And plugins like the Pro-Q1 and pro-C (I could install them but they do not appear in Logic Pro X, on Catalina)?

Thanks.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

We had no problems opening Pro-Q 1 and Pro-C 1 on macOS 10.15.1 in Logic Pro X version 10.4.7. Can you try to open the Plug-in Manager in Logic and check whether the plug-ins are activated?

Also try restarting your Mac -- sometimes it doesn't pick up older plug-ins right away after installation.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Jamie,

We had no problems opening Pro-Q 1 and Pro-C 1 on macOS 10.15.1 in Logic Pro X version 10.4.7. Can you try to open the Plug-in Manager in Logic and check whether the plug-ins are activated?

Also try restarting your Mac -- sometimes it doesn't pick up older plug-ins right away after installation.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederik,

Yes, restarting OSX did the trick for the older plugins. Thanks!

Regards,
Jamie

Jamie

Reply to this topic: