FabFilter User Forum

Limiter in Studio One 4.5.2

I have a FabFilter TP Limiter and all was working before the latest Studio One update. Now my before limit is 2.7 and my after is 2.2.
The limiter is set to 3.3, which has always kept it at 3 or better.
Is this an issue ?
I tested with an a few older files that I have not touched in several month.
Studio One Pro 4.5.2
Thanks

Michael Peloso

Hi Michael,

From this description, it's hard to tell what's going on. What do you mean exactly with "before limit" and "after limit"? Can you explain in more detail what you're doing and how it has changed since the latest version of Studio One?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

My limiter is set at -3.3 ( Bottom right corner). If I engage the limiter my TP is -2.2. If I disengage it its -2.7. On one hand its almost like it works opposite to what it should. On the other hand, it doesn't hard limit like it should.
I'm reading the TP from the Project Page after hitting the "Detect Loudness " button

Michael Peloso

OK, so you're reading the true peak level from Studio One. Be aware that the true peak level is not a "hard" number but more an estimate, so it may differ a little bit depending on the algorithm that it used. But the difference between -3.3 and -2.2 is a lot. Some questions:

• Do you have Pro-L 2 on a post-fader slot in Studio One, so the fader level doesn't influence it? And it's the last plug-in on the master track?
  • Do you have True Peak Limiting enabled in Pro-L 2?
  • What is the TP readout in Pro-L 2?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: