FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q3 and icon - can't add bands from console

Just started running Pro Q3 and noticed on my D-Command that I can't add new bands from the band enable buttons on the console using either the centre eq section or the channel insert section. I can do this with Pro Q2. ie - if I load the clean preset and hit the lmf band enable button on the D Command, it adds that band and activates it. Does nothing on Q3 though. If I load something like flat 5 band on Q3, I can enable and disable all bands from the console, but can't add any extra bands using the band enable button like I can with Pro Q2. Is this a deliberate change or just something to do with mapping on the new version? Can any S6 users confirm if this works or not with their consoles?
Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

This was a deliberate change in Pro-Q 3: many users felt that it was weird to have the band enable button also delete and add a band. So the band enable button now only disables and enables bands. We added a separate "Used" parameter per band that deletes or adds it. You should be able to find it in the Channel Strip or Custom Fader strip sections on your S6.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks Frederik, I have a D Command, but was wondering if it was D Command specific and still the same on an S6. I didn't see a 'used' parameter in the centre eq section, but maybe it shows up when you open an insert on the fader section, I'll have a look.
Cheers

Andy

Reply to this topic: