FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q 3 iOS

All my plugins in the bundle work except Pro Q 3 it crashes my BM3 and Auria Pro and Cubasis. Pls fix this asap thank you. I’m running these on an IPad Air 2 with iOS 13 beta.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Strange issue! Could you send us a short video that illustrates this? Please send it to info@fabfilter.com

Thank you in advance!

Maarten

I confirm, the pro q3 plugin does not work in iOS 13
pro q2 works normally

Robert

launching the plugin in auria pro hangs the program similarly in cubasis

Robert

Confirmed as well, all fab products on iOS 13 are crashing Cubasis... bummed.

Jim

I concur, Pro Q-3 crashes every time. For some reason in the list, it is green, not sure what that means.

Jason D. Jordan

I know IPad OS 13 is beta, but has this been escalated yet? The fab products are the best and was so happy to see them on iPad! Also my project wont open with fab on the track.

It opens as a stand alone track without issue, but once you add it to a track within cubasis (iPad os 13) it just sits there spinning/loading. If you kill cubasis and reopen you get an error saying cant open project - new project open. If your try to open the old project wIt’s fad, locks again. Hope this helps.

Jim

Jim

Grammar fixed - sorry

I know IPad OS 13 is beta, but has this been escalated yet? The fab products are the best and was so happy to see them on iPad! Also my project wont open with fab on the track.

It opens as a stand alone app without issue, but once you add it to a track within cubasis (iPad os 13) it just sits there spinning/loading. If you kill cubasis and reopen you get an error saying cant open project - new project opened. If you try to open the old project with fab in it, locks again. Hope this helps.

Jim

Jim

I see the same behavior on the latest iPad OS public beta 5 on my iPad Pro 11”. Pro q 3 causes Cubasis and Auria to hang when I try to insert it as a plugin. The stand alone pro q 3 app works fine though.

Rob Focht

FYI... it also crashes GarageBand when you try to add pro q 3 to a channel.

Rob Focht

Hope this gets solved soon, I just posted the issue myself before I found this thread. I am happy to send FabFilter a video of the issues with pro q 3.

John Wooten

I think pro-q 2 should be free for pro-q 3 owners, that way we could use the old version until this issue is resolved.

David

We are working on a fix. Note that we don't claim to support beta iOS releases so I would recommend changing back to iOS 12 until iPadOS 13 is officially released.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

As of the latest beta of iOS 13 – Q3 now works as expected!

I totally understand that you don’t officially support beta versions. I did not want to sound like you are not living up to your excellent reputation. I am a professional music producer, mixer and mastering engineer and I can’t imagine working without your plugins, especially Q3 and Pro-L2 which in my opinion are the best of the best. I am one of your biggest fans – thank you.

David

I just got so excited that I could use all the fabfilter plugins on iOS as well. Now I can do rough sketches where ever I am with the same plugins I use in the studio so again, big thumbs up for making your plugins available on the iOS platform.

David

Thanks for the feedback and compliments!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

After Dec 23rd 2021 update, proQ3 and proR are causing major glitches in Cubasis 3.3! Playing the project is fine until you begin making adjustments to either of these FF plugins.

Turns entire track to robot sound then just HANGS! So frustrating. Will someone please advise a fix? I have device audio latency set as high as they will go to avoid crackling and this does not help.

MCH

Reply to this topic: