FabFilter User Forum

Pro R

While I really like Pro R I feel like some of it is too simplified. The plugin sounds great and I use it a lot, but I really wish I had more control of early reflections. I also wish there was a mod section with depth and speed knobs. I'm also not to fond of how the space knob works. I believe as you select different lengths you morph through algorithms. It's difficult to feel sure of what you doing there, at least for me it is. I would prefer to select a plate or hall algo and work from there adjusting the size and length. I've been demoing Breeze 2 and I'm pretty impressed. It is very flexible. I do prefer the Pro R's interface, but I wish it was a bit more flexible.

Any plans for updating Pro R? Have any of these things been discussed for the future?

Thanks

JT

Our goal with Pro-R was specifically to simplify the usual set of controls in a reverb plug-in. You're right, as you move the Space knob you are morphing from one space (or algorithm) to another. With the Decay Rate knob, you can independently change the decay time, so this basically gives you full control over the room.

We found that in a typical reverb plug-in you choose a room size and then adjust the other controls to match it: for example it doesn't make sense to combine a small room with a large decay. So our goal is to combine all that in the single Space knob, which in the background automatically tweaks all individual settings of the room model to fit the room size.

In the same way, the Character knob sets the amount and speed of modulation.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

Reply to this topic: