FabFilter User Forum

proQ3 Undo/Redo makes it unusable

There is a bug in Cubase5 which makes proQ3 totally unusable for me...a bit tricky to explain, so, excuse me in advance if it's unclear.

I think bug happens when I press undo/redo, and revert before creating a band, then the band or point is here/shown but totally inactive, means I can move the point anywhere but it doesn't affect the sound anyhow...

That makes it totally unusable for me, because when I do chirurgical settings, it's very hard (and almost impossible in the mix) to know if band is working or not.

Worst when I load a preset from preset manager/browser it doesn't reset all (any of?) the bands...so I have hidden/ghost points, a total mess. As a workaround I re-create all points, set bypass on them, and create new points to make my setting.

Nightmare also when rendering offline an audio in cubase as it recalls last setting: often you will have to reset or load a default/saved preset: it seems to work (visually), but does it ?no, last settings (unshown/resetted) still applies...maybe some bands are reset while other not, no way to know when using more than a few bands.

In short, undo/redo totally messes up the settings and bands, and maybe preset browser too.

Two additional things: when I load a saved vstpreset, the bands are reset: expected behaviour. When I save a "fishy" setting (with bands/points not working) as .vstpreset and reload it: bug bands/points are not showing (see it, like an empty preset)

Haven't tried other DAWs yet but behaves similarly in either Windows 10 or Windows Server 2019.

edit: same weird behavior appy to dynamic, sometimes I move point or dynamic range and it's totally inactive (of course tried reset/make dynamic again). Sometimes it's working but I have to touch the point to "update its value". Also changing band type (bell or notch for ex) seems to reset value in good way.
I think in fact when not doing anything, the point is created visually but not processing (that's why when I save as vstpreset it's empty)
And I think it has to something to do with undo/redo, or like a counter problem.
For the values "not updating", might be a different problem (having to touch the value to update it.)

edit2: same behavior on latest proq2 now...arggh

Resonant Step

That sounds very strange. From your description I don't immediately get an idea about what could be going on. Unfortunately we don't have Cubase 5 anymore to test with.

Are you using the VST2 or VST3 version of Pro-Q 3 in Cubase 5? I think VST3 support was quite immature at that point, so perhaps it would be best to stick with VST2.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

yes, that is vst3. I'll try vst2

What is strange is that Proq-2 (vst2 or vst3) have always worked before, so for me it could look like something from Pro-Q3 that you implemented in Pro-Q2. I'll try to revert to older Pro-Q2 version, so I can eliminate my computer from the equation, and let you know. Also other daw when I get some time,
Thanks.

Resonant Step

Reply to this topic: