FabFilter User Forum

only 1 spectrum visible in the pre+post+sc window

even if i have 3 or 4 filters loaded on different channels i only see 1 spectrum if i click on the pre+post+sc window.
i have a trial version . has this something to do with it? i use fl studio

hilbrand

Hi Hilbrand,

The trial version is fully functional. So you have 4 Pro-Q 3 instances in your session, and you only see one of them in the list of external spectrums?

Are all the Pro-Q 3 instances the same plug-in type (e.g. VST2 or VST3)?

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

Yes they are all the same plugin type vst3. Do i have to do some special routing or something so they can " talk to each other " ?

Hilbrand

I think you may be expecting to see something other than what you are. The spectrums pre and post spectrums both show up gray but one of them has a hard outline and is more transparent and the other has no line and is filled in darker. It also requires some pretty big changes to see more than a small change in the spectrum. Perhaps the spectrum is showing up as it seems but the changes you are making are small and therefore the spectrums are hard to distinguish because they are so similar. If you use a low cut filter and place it all the way up the frequency scale you will then be able to tell if there is truly an issue because the two seperate spectrums will be much easier to distinguish.

Just thought I would throw that out there

Notheorem729

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing... If you hover over the analyzer button (Pre/Post/...) you should see a complete list of all Pro-Q 3 instances like in the screen shot on this page:
www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-q/using/analyzer

If you select one of these, it will be visualized in the main display. The main display can only visualize one other instance at a time.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

yes thats what i mean if i hover over the analyzer i only see one spectrum the same one as loaded. i made a video so that you can see what i see . maybe that will clear something up. here is the link

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBFSWOuXNp0

hilbrand

ok i have reinstall it, know i see multiple spectrums. thanks for the help

hilbrand

Reply to this topic: