FabFilter User Forum

Simplon MIDI Learn not working in Logic?

Hi guys,

Love Simplon....and I'd love to get the MIDI learn function working in Logic!

Basically I put Simplon in an insert for an audio instrument. I hit 'Learn', wiggle say, the cutoff filter, and then wiggle my modulation wheel....and nothing happens. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

BTW, my end goal in doing this is I want to set up an X/Y Vector fader in my Logic environment that I can use to control both the cutoff AND resonance at the same time. I want to put this X/Y Vector fader on a touchscreen, and control that way.

Christopher Tin

Hi Christopher,

Want you want is possible in Logic, but you kind of need a work-around to get Logic to route MIDI to an effect plug-in.

You have to insert the effect plug-in as an *instrument* in an instrument track. And then route sound through it via the side-chain. You can read more about it here:

docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300097

Cheers!

Floris (FabFilter)

Hello. I Have the same problem. Tutorial on the link is about Logic 7 but I using Logic 9. How can I resolve this issue??? Please help! (Sorry for my English)

Hmmka

Same problem but with Saturn.

This should be working considering the price of this plugin...

d.

David Drury

@David: Unfortunately we can't change Logic's inner workings no matter how we price Saturn. :-)

The MIDI Learn topic in the help file explains how to route MIDI to the plugin in various hosts (scroll to "Routing MIDI to effect plug-ins"):
www.fabfilter.com/help/saturn/using/midilearn.html

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

DAW MIDI routing seems to still be in the dark ages all across the board. It literally took me months to get two of my plugins communicating, something that I initially figured might take 20 minutes allotting for the time to read the Cubase manual. I eventually got it working by installing a third party plugin called loopMIDI and setting up a Generic Remote in Cubase. It's still buggy.

MIDI routing and automation/modulation is by far the least user-friendly thing that I deal with in Cubase.

Greg Houston

Reply to this topic: