FabFilter User Forum

license transfer?

whats the official stance on lisence transfer? I have twin and one and timeless, considering getting rid of one and maybe even twin but someone told me you don't allow lisence transfers?

Johnisfaster

Hi,

We do not allow license transfers currently because the license key is personal and tied to your name.

Frederik (FabFilter)

awesome...

Johnisfaster

"because the license key is personal and tied to your name.
" come one lets be honest here ;) that cannot be the only reason you don't allow them. Lets face it. It is lame when developers do not allow transfers but even lamer when they have reasons like this for it.

Bill

... I agree that this is a disadvantage of our license keys. On the other hand, our method has advantages as well: we don't use USB dongles like iLok, don't use a challenge-response system and don't authorize to your hard drive, like many other companies do.

Floris (FabFilter)

Update: We have now decided to allow license transfers. If you sell your FabFilter product, the buyer would need to contact us to get a new license key in his or her name.

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

Now that you are allowing license transfers, is it possible to transfer the license of one plugin from a bundle? I have the Value bundle, which I got for the effects, which I really like, but I don't really use synths in my music and so unfortunately never have cause to use Twin.

Steve

Hi Steve,

You can only transfer the entire license, for the whole bundle.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for letting me know. I suspected as much. I like Timeless too much to transfer the full license.

Steve

this is wonderful news. I was pretty upset about the lack of lisence transfer and to be honost it was a negative factor in my descision to purchase anymore products. but now that I can ditch twin and one (which I don't like at all anymore) I might get volcano.

I'll be keeping timeless though, f*ing love that plug.

johnisfaster

I've bought a license second hand and need to know how the license transfer is done. Thanks, Scott G.

Scott G.

I just got an answer to my question.

Thanks, Scott G.

Scott G.

hello,

I buy a FF Bundle second hand and have a .zip licence and want to transfer.
all fx still works fine but how can I see if the licence transfers to me?

thx Martin

Martin L

Hi Martin,

When you purchase a used FabFilter plug-in, you should never just receive a license key. The only valid way to purchase a used license is through a license transfer. The current owner will have to purchase a transfer license, with which he can transfer the license to your account. If you do not have an account yet, one will automatically be created. When the transfer is complete, the license in his account will be deactivated, and you will receive your own, unique license key in a confirmation email, together with your login details if your account is just created. This way you are sure you have your own, unique license key that cannot be used by the previous owner anymore.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: