FabFilter User Forum

AUV3 Pro-Q 2 on iOS to Pro-Q 3 in OS X

If I use FabFilter Pro-Q 2 AUV3 in Garage Band for iOS, and I have Pro-Q 3 on my laptop running Logic, will the plugin appear with the same settings? If not, do I need Pro-Q 2 on my laptop and is there a way to still purchase the older version? I am hoping to start tracks on my iPad and to open them up on my laptop and not have to recreate the processing.

Ethan

Unfortunately, moving GarageBand projects from iOS to Mac didn't work when I tested this in August 2018. There are bugs in the way the projects are imported that causes the plugin to appear with the default state. I've reported this to Apple, and I don't believe they've fixed this yet.

When/if it does work, you definitely need Pro-Q 2 on your laptop. You can download it here: www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads

In your FabFilter account, you can retrieve a license for Pro-Q 2 if you own Pro-Q 3. Click on 'View license key' for your Pro-Q 3 order, then click 'View license keys for earlier versions'.

Please let me know if it works for you with the latest versions of GarageBand and/or Logic.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thank you Frederik, I appreciate you getting back to me on this. Hopefully, Apple will resolve this soon. Cheers!

Ethan

Reply to this topic: