FabFilter User Forum

ProQ push knob function for Avid S6

I have a request for Pro Q on the Avid S6. Is it possible to have a knob function as band isolate when you push and hold down a knob? Currently the only way to activate band isolate is by clicking with a mouse or trackball on the headphone icon in the plug in window. This would work for Frequency and Q controls. I’d love to see those push knobs be useful.

Chris S

Hi Chris,

We'll look into that for future page table improvements. However, we did make solo available for control surfaces in Pro-Q 3, so the solo function should be mapped to your S6.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Chris,

When the S6 was first introduced the push function would zero the parameter. I believe it is/was the intent of AVID to have the push function punch individual encoders out of automation record. This has yet to be implemented.

-Steve

Steve Foster

Good to know Steve, thanks for the update.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Wondering about this as well. I’ve found the band solo function on the Icon D-Control, but haven’t been able to figure out how to access it on the S-6.

Also, any way to access bands beyond the first seven bands on the S-6? I can on the Icon D-Control, but again can’t find a way to do it on the S-6.

Chris M. Jacobson, CAS

Hi Chris,

All 24 band have been mapped for the S6 as well, so you should be able to access them! They are of course spread over different pages... And to control them, make sure the bands are actually used/enabled in the interface.

Floris (FabFilter)

Well I'm all ears if someone can tell me which button or knob combination to get a band to solo using the S6. Just tried and its not happening for me.

thanks

Chris S

Reply to this topic: