FabFilter User Forum

Bought the Mastering Bundle - Need Pro-Q 2 instead of Pro-Q 3

Hi,
I recently bought the Mastering Bundle, but I'm using a version of Pro Tools that uses RTAS. All of the plugins work except Pro-Q 3, and I'm wondering if there is any way I could use Pro-Q 2 instead, as I've already payed for Pro-Q 3?
Thanks in advance.

Mattias Ulmestrand

Hi,
I have a question related to this subject.
I use also a pro Tools version with RTAS plug-ins, and i would like to buy the Q3, is it not possible?
I didn't find a download link for this format on fabfilter website.
Previously, it was possible for all the plug ins, the support of RTAS plug in is finished?

Thanks

osaka watts

@Mattias: Of course. I've added a Pro-Q 2 license key to your FabFilter account.

@Osaka: The RTAS downloads are here:
www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads

We are no longer making new RTAS plugins, so Pro-Q 3 is not included. We're more or less forced by Apple to do this: the last version of Pro Tools without AAX support requires OS X 10.6. But since macOS Mojave has been released, we can't make new installers that work on 10.6 -- Apple has changed their tools and they no longer support 10.6. That's basically why we have raised the system requirement to 10.8, and why we have dropped support for RTAS.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks a lot Frederik, I appreciate it. Happy new year.

Mattias Ulmestrand

Hello,
I'm purchasing Pro Q3, but have older sessions with ProQ2 being used. Is there any way to receive a license for ProQ 2, with buying the newest version?

Taylor H

Hi Taylor,

Your account automatically offers you a license key for earlier versions of plug-ins that you own. First log into your account: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount

Click 'View license key' next to your most recent order for a plug-in, e.g. Pro-Q 3. Then, click on 'View license keys for earlier versions' in the top-right corner of the page. The license keys for earlier versions will now be displayed.

You can download all earlier plug-in versions here:
www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

Back to this topic, from time to time I'm still using ProTools HD TDM 10.3 with RTAS plugins, recently bought FabFilter Essentials Bundle (FabFilter Pro-Q 3, Pro-R and Pro-C 2) and wondering, if possible, if I could use Pro-Q 2 instead with an activation license key...
Thanks again!
Enric

Enric

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but isn't that exactly what Frederik described in the previous post? You can find the codes for the older version in your account... All you need to do next is download the old versions and install them (link also in his post).

Bram

Reply to this topic: