FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q 3- Instance names in Spectrum Analyzer not showing in Live

I just got Pro Q3 today for Ableton Live on Mac, and in the Spectrum Analyzer, I am not shown my track names (ie Bass, Snare, Kick etc), only Pro-Q (1), ProQ (2), Pro-Q (3) etc.

This makes it very hard for me to work out which tracks these are referring to, as I need to manually check which is Track 1, 2, 3 etc each time, and detracts from the workflow.

Am I doing something wrong here?

pramster

Thanks for reporting this! It’s a known issue and we’ll try to see if it can be fixed; we’re not yet sure whether it’s a problem on Ableton Live’s side or our side... we’ll investigate!

Floris (FabFilter)

Also, apparently the AU version does work with the tracknames, so I’ve heard. You might want to try that :)

Bram

Thanks Bram. You're right, Audio Units are working fine for this!

pramster

Is there a resolution for windows users? This functionality was the main reason I purchased Pro Q 3. None of the Ableton track names fill in so it just says Pro Q (1), (Pro Q (2) etc.

Alex

We're working with Ableton on a solution for this problem.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I noticed the same issue in Reaper. Is there something I could try on my own to make Pro Q3 naming adapt to the track's names within Reaper automatically, or is there no other way than naming the Q3 instances manually right now?
Other than that Q3 works perfectly for me. :)

Cheers and thanks,

Philipp

Hello, I too just purchased FabFilterQ3 and cannot see track names while using Q3 in Ableton. Any idea when this might be resolved?

Jeff

Any update on this? Im sure you guys know it can be really a time consuming task to manually rename every instance when you have a 20+ stem import project ;)
Do you know if its on Ableton's side (Im using Ableton 10.1b20 build, and im happy to open a request if this is the case) or is it a bug in Ff Q3?
its the only flaw in Q3 which is a shame since it is a brilliant product!

kind regards
Dax

Dax

Communicating the track name to Pro-Q 3 requires AU (Mac only) or VST3. Fortunately Live 10.1 supports VST3:
www.ableton.com/en/blog/live-101-user-wavetables-new-devices-and-workflow-upgrades

Are you using the VST3 version of Pro-Q 3 in Live 10.1?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

Same problem here with Pro Q 3 using FL Studio 20, Q 3 is not reading the name of the channel; I have tried both VST3 and AU, neither worked. In an effort to be better organized, it would be nice to have the ability to have them ranked alphabetically, or give us a few options on how to organize the Q3 names that will hopefully soon read the track names given, it will make it easier to find a track from the dozens we typically have in any given session.

How will we know when an update is available?

Thanks,
Gino

Gino

Hi Gino,

You need to ask the FL Studio folks to support this with the VST3 and AU formats.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

Hey guys,

unfortunately it is still not working in Ableton 10.1 as a VST3. It is not showing the track names, just the name of the instances (Pro-Q - Pro Q(1) - Pro Q(2)..and so on).
Is there a setting that need to be activated or should it work automatically?

Thanks!

Harry

That must be an oversight on their part. I can confirm that the track names don't get through so I'll contact Ableton to see if they can fix that in an update.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

I’m having same issue with Cubase 10..
I do recall seeing the track names when working on an earlier project though???

Peter Miller

Track names definitely show up in Cubase, as long as you're using the VST3 plugin version of Pro-Q 3. It's in the EQ section in the inserts list, marked with the /// VST3 icon.

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman

Seems to be the same problem with Reason 10. I'm guessing this is because it only supports VST2.

Barry

Spectrum analyzer is not showing either on APO. Does anyone know how to correct this?

VYE7

Indeed, the analyzer only shows the names when using VST3, not VST2. Could you tell me what APO is?

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

It seems that I'm having the same issues within ProTools. I just downloaded the new updated bundle and it seems that I am still experiencing the same issues.

CHRISTOPHER MOOTY

I got the issue that not all other instances of q3 show up as spectrums in one q3 analyzer window. In some instances of q3 i can see the other instances (up to 4 spectrums) . In some i dont see a single one and its stated that there is no other q3 instances active. (which is not the case) Have never been able to see more then 4 instances showing up even thought there were more.
Using Reaper 6.19 latest version with 64Bit on MacBook Pro (late 2013 with 10.14.6) with VST3

klaas

Hi Klaas,

Are you sure you are using only VST3 and not a combination of VST3 and VST3? Please note that external spectrums only show up with the VST3 version of Pro-Q 3. I've just tested here on my Reaper system and I can see all 8 channels of my session in the spectrum overview.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

hey ralph ! thank you ! i was not aware there was a VST version in my list. you were absolutly right! if i just use the VST3 its all working like a charm ! :) ! ! !

klaas

Dear Fabfilter team:

I´m also having the issue that i don´t see the track names in Q3, when wanting to compare two EQs in the analyzer.
I´m using Ableton 10.1 + the VST3 version of the Q3.

Pls, let me know how to fix this.
Thank you in advance.

Bonfante

Hi Bonfante,

Are you sure you are using VST3 on all plug-ins? Please note that you need the same plug-in format for all plug-ins to see the name. If it does not work, please send us a video of the issue to info@fabfilter.com

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: