FabFilter User Forum

midi learn not working in Reason 10

Running FabFilter as a VST in Reason 10. When I put FabFilter into midi learn mode and click on one of the freq knobs, FabFilter doesn't detect an incoming signal from a slider on my Korg Kontrol 49 midi keyboard. The same slider on the same midi controller works just fine when using the midi learn function on a native Reason 10 device. Known defect or did I skip a step?

Nick

Hi Nick,

Did you route MIDI to the FabFilter plugin in Reason? I'm not a Reason expert so I can't tell you exactly how to do this.

You can check in the bottom bar if the MIDI Learn light is blinking to indicate that it's receiving a MIDI message.

Which of our plug-ins are you using?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederick,

Yes the FabFilter plugin track has midi routed to it. When I hit the keyboard keys, the midi-in light on that track lights up successfully.

The MIDI learn light is not blinking on FabFilter. What do you propose as the next step to debug?

Nick

I just had this issue but found that if you click automate on the Pro - r window, it creates automation lanes in the sequencer for whichever parameters you want to automate.

Jim Brechin

Reply to this topic: