FabFilter User Forum

Let's predict Fabfilters next release...

I'm going with either a ChannelStrip or Dynamic EQ....what do you guys think?

KC

Please be Saturn 2. (Pro-S)
With new algorithms, new gui, focus towards mixing and mastering. (But keep the sound designer still in mind with modulation, tone shaping, and some geeking).
Each eq point should have its own distortion flavor and mix. It would be nice to get more precise excitement like this. Many more bands / points.

The Swiss army knife of saturation and distortion needs an update.

Geo

I've been asking for a FF's Dynamic EQ for a loooooong time... Maybe finally this year? :(

Oscar

I think that the highest probability will be Dynamic EQ.

After that it mainly gets turned into guesswork.

I am personally hoping a Vocoder plugin is in the works here at Fabfilter.

It would also be nice to have a good Saturn successor.

Billy Procell

I could definitely go for some Saturn 2!

KC

I think they've said numerous times here that they are not really interested in dynamic eq as Pro-MB covers that (according to the Fabfilter responses on this forum).

I gotta think Saturn 2 is coming as well, that would be my prediction. As far as a new plugin, no idea what else they would do, most of the bases covered.

Jon Wymore

Hoping for a transient shaper, a meter plugin using the metering from Pro-Q2 and Pro-L2, a clipper and a pro version of Saturn focused on mastering.

Matt Avall

A dyn eq and a mb comp are not the same things. So this should not be an excuse to not make a great update for pro eq 2...

JLX

I have a hunch it'll probably be Saturn 2!

Sabastian

Timeless 3 or Volcano 3.

e@rs

A vocoder, yes!!

Börje

transient shaper - big support for this idea! I remember Musikmesse several years ago when I tried Softube Console1 before it came out. The transient shaper was impressive. On some tracks you just need one. If Fabfilter would create a transient shaper - I guess that would be a no-brainer…

StevenK

Reply to this topic: