FabFilter User Forum

The FF installer ignores me... :-(

It isn't a big deal, but it would be nice if, for the next update, the installer was fixed so it actually doesn't install the AAX and VST2 versions of the plugins when you have unchecked those boxes. It's a little annoying having to go every time into each plugin folder and delete the files.

Cheers,

Cabirio

Hi Cabirio,

Are you on Windows or OS X?

Floris (FabFilter)

Sorry, forgot to mention it. Four computers: two W7, one W10 and one recently upgraded from 7 to 10. I think it has happened with every new release of the full installer for as long as I can remember, and I think also with individual plugin installers. I noticed it because I got both VST2 and 3 versions in my Studio One plugin list. I know those extra .aax and .dll files cause no harm, but it does clutter the plugin list a bit.

Many thanks for looking into this!

Cheers,

Cabirio

I just did a brief test with the Total Bundle installer and it didn't install into the AAX and VST2 plugin folders if I uncheck those options. (You do get them in e.g. the C:\Program Files\FabFilter\Pro-Q 2 folder.)

Maybe you can check again and if you can reproduce the problem, please email with the details so we can have a further look.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: