FabFilter User Forum

Presets missing from L2 installation

I just bought and installed the Pro-L2 upgrade (from Pro-L) on my Macbook 13 (MacOS 10.12.6), but apparently any L2 presets are missing. On my Windows machine, everything looks just fine. Any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
Gert

Gert Van Hoof

Thank you for pointing this out, but it looks like the presets haven't been installed at all – the Audio folder does have R/W permissions. There's a "Fabfilter" folder in the "Presets" folder with subfolders for any individual plugins (including Pro-L), but no "Pro-L 2" folder has been created.

Best regards,
Gert

Gert Van Hoof

It's most likely a permissions issue on your system. You can also install the presets manually by downloading them here:
www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads/factorypresets.zip

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Manual installation did the trick. Thanks!
Gert

Gert Van Hoof

Frederik, I had the same problem and its not a permissions issue. The presets are not in the computer after installing the plug in. 10.9.5

rich

Hi rich,

The presets are not installed by the installer itself. Instead, they are installed by the plug-in when opening it for the first time. It the plug-in doesn't succeed in installing the presets, it's most often a permission issue.

Floris (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: