FabFilter User Forum

Fabfilter and Universal Audio Collaboration

I love universal audio and fabfilter plugins. Both companies make very useable plugins that get results I like.

For those who don't know, the biggest advantage of using Universal Audio's plugins is the ability to record/track with their plugins. I can add the plugin in real time and actually record the plugin in real time. This means that the recorded wave form I see in my DAW would have the plugin/effect printed on it. Theoretically I wouldn't need to do any processing after recording.

Now I use fabfilter plugins in the box all the time. I'd love to have the ability to track with fabfilter plugins. If their was a collaboration between fabfilter and universal audio to make this happen, I'd be extremely excited. This could save me and others a lot of time on the front end of a projects.

Greg

Offloading FabFilter DSP to my Apollo devices would be incredible. UA's plug-in ecosystem doesn't have some of the more modern plug-in features that FabFilter software offers, which presents a unique differentiator for FabFilter IMO so I hope they consider it.

Drew Horn

Reply to this topic: