FabFilter User Forum

KB Track Exponential or linear

I'm trying to find more information on KB Track as a modulation source. I'm assuming when the modulation is set to 0.016 (mid point) that the midi note played send it's frequency. But which scale keeps this relative to the keyboard. The frequency of the scale is exponential, so is it Exponential. Linear implies it says the same, but if it does, then exponential can't be the right one.

I've looked through a few of the PDFs, as it's available to many of the VSTs, but they all have the same information, which is none.

Scott

Hey Scott,

As far as I know KB Track is usually linear, and it depends on the size of the keys range, the range of the modulation and center point, ofcourse.
I don't think it has something to do with frequency, because Midi doesn't send this information. Unless the VST has a specific feature which calculates the frequency of the note, which I really doubt.

Cheers

Yroth

The KB Track source maps naturally to the Filter Frequency targets, if you set the level all the way to 1 and the use Linear transform. This lets the filter frequency follow the keyboard exactly.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Sorry, got a little side tracked to check out my post.

Thanks for the replies. I've bee experimenting with Saturn tracking the pitch, very cool. Thanks for confirming

Scott

Reply to this topic: