FabFilter User Forum

Pro-G crashes Reaper (100% repro)

Hi,

The latest Repaer (5.40, x64) will crash 100% of the time by simply instantiating Pro-G (as a VST3 plugin, latest version). All other fabfilter plugins are fine. This happens even in an empty Reaper session with a single (empty) track.
Anyone else seeing this?

I am not aware of any reaper-specific crash logs I could send, but I'm raising this issue with Cockos as well.

(Fwiw, I just ran Pro-G through Tracktion Waveform DAW and it work fine there).

Thanks

Bojan

Hi Bojan,

I just tried this with Reaper 5.40 x64 and Pro-G 1.18, but no crash. Can you send us the crash dump so we can try to investigate? To do this, when the crash occurs, right-click on an empty area in the task bar and click Task Manager. Locate Reaper in the list of tasks, right-click it and click Create dump file. You can send it to us via a service such as WeTransfer (it will be large).

After this, you can try to disable graphics acceleration to see if that fixes the problem:
www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/18/how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Interestingly enough, there is no crash on my laptop (with nVidia GPU), but crashes on my main PC DAW with an AMD GPU.

Once I'm back in front of the DAW I'll try disabling gfx accel., see if that helps. Will report back, thanks

bojan

Disabling gfx acceleration did not help. Crash dump emailed.

Thanks

Bojan

Does this happen on a multi monitor setup? I have similar setup as you do, and happens to me too.

www.fabfilter.com/forum/topic/2933/pro-g-crashes-reaper-100-repro#comment0

Can Uzer

Reply to this topic: