FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q2 EQ Match - feature request

First of all: thankyou to FabFilter for creating the best EQ plugin on the market. I literally use it on almost every channel of every mix I do.

I have a couple of requests:

Just a minor thing: can we have an option to 'Freeze' (keep visible) the Match EQ curve?

At the moment, once you hit the 'Match' button, the curve disappears.

Sometimes I would prefer to manually match it rather than use Pro-Q 2's matching algorithm, or sometimes I like to change what Pro-Q 2 decided to do (i.e. Pro Q 2 can't guess which are my 'priority' frequencies, or whether some differences are actually intentional) after the fact, but I still need the reference curve of the difference between the two so I can see what I am doing.

While I'm on the subject, can we also have the option of a spectrograph in the background instead of the RTA, and an 'infinite' averaging function for the RTA (sometimes 'Slow' is not slow enough)?

Thanks

Jez Clark

Hi Jez,

We definitely understand your request of keeping the EQ Match curve visible. However we feel that it would be difficult to make it understandable what's going on when you do this and how you dismiss the curve again, so for now we've decided to not add this option. And regarding a spectograph mode for the analyzer, we feel that it doesn't really fit into Pro-Q's design and display.

The good news: we already have an 'infinite' mode for the analyzer! Click the Freeze button in the analyzer panel to freeze it so it keeps building up without releasing:
www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-q/using/analyzer

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: