FabFilter User Forum

FabFilter phishing attempt?

Hey,

I just received this email from info@fabfilter.com:

"Hello,

Once again, thank you for choosing FabFilter!
As part of our ongoing effort to improve user experience, we've made
several updates and bug fixes to Pro-C2, Pro-Q2 and Pro-R. Check updated
versions and special offer on Pro-R in your personal account:

fabfilter.com/login/?code=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (link changed)

Cheers,

FabFilter Software Instruments"

When I click on that link I get redirected to fabfi1ter.com, not fabfilter.com... and when I open my account on the "normal" fabfilter page there is no discount or updated plugins.

Did someone hack the fabfilter page, use their official email address to phish the user accounts?

Martin

Hi Martin,

This is definitely spam and a phishing attempt! Needles to say: do NOT click any link or open any file.

Unfortunately, anyone can make it look like they're sending from info@fabfilter.com or any other e-mail address. We don't see any signs that our website has been hacked.

We will investigate and try to take down this website. Thanks for letting us know!

Floris (FabFilter)

I got it as well. At least gmail detected it as spam. Maybe you should put a post on the main page or something so that people don't actually log in to the phishing-site?

Best regards,
Matt

Mattias

As far as we can see right now, it seems as if someone collected email addresses from this forum, especially from threads like www.fabfilter.com/forum/2184/10-discount-referral-please .

We have now chosen to hide all email addresses on the forum, and will in the future improve the forum so people will be able to send each other PMs in a safe way.

We will email as many people as possible with a warning about this phishing email ASAP.

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: