FabFilter User Forum

Pro-MB dual-mono routing

Pro-MB is the best sounding multi-band dynamics plug-in I have ever heard and, like all Fab Filter plug-ins, it has a great interface. If linkable/un-linkable dual-mono routing were added to its feature set, it's value would go up by leaps and bounds. If it's technically possible, I hope you will consider this for a future update of this plug-in.

Regards,

Paul

PaulyD

Hey Paul,

Actually, this feature already exists.

If you press on the "expert" tab on the right side of the band menu, you will notice on the bottom-right that there's a 'Stereo Link' bar.
If you take it all the way left (to 0%) it will response to right/left separately (like dual mono).
The nice thing about it is that you can choose somewhere in between stereo to dual mono.

Cheers

Yroth

Thank you very much for the reply. I have in fact used the Expert feature in Pro-MB. The Stereo Link feature is brilliant, but what I had in mind was fully independent processing for each side of a stereo audio file. However, my main DAW is Logic Pro X. Logic Pro X 10.3 was just released today and it has new plug-in routing architecture that allows the user to use any plug-in as a dual mono, joint stereo or mid-side processor. Pardon me while I go dance in the street... :D

Thanks again.

PaulyD

Awesome :}

Any time !

Cheers :}

Yroth

Awesome :}

Any time !

Cheers :}

Yroth

Reply to this topic: