FabFilter User Forum

Timeless Delay Offset precision

I love that Timeless has the unique delay offset control when in sync mode but unfortunately i have found it to be quit rough on its precision.

I was unable to dial in acceptable delay times to match a groove with the delay offset knob but had no problem in creating perfect delay times with the delay time knob.

The beautiful thing about the offset knob is that you can create complex delay patterns with several instances of timeless and later on be able to change the bpm of the entire project without having to redial all the delays again. This is most useful when programming electronic music without really having a precise idea of the final bpm value.

So, I think that The offset knob could use one more decimal level so it can be as precise as the delay time knob. Also it would not hurt to have a whole note multiplier for even longer delay times in sync mode (right now half note is the longest).

Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late response... I've looked into this in Timeless and the knob shows three decimals, is that not enough? Note that the internal precision is higher, so you can use shift-drag to fine tune and also type in values (via double-click) with more decimals if needed.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederik.

Thank you for responding.

Indeed it seems that even though the displayed value always shows three decimals I was able to verify that I can enter values with more decimals.

I tested by first rotating the offset knob to 1.854 and then manually entering a value of 1.8546 (via double-click) which made the displayed value to round off to 1.855.

I always thought that by doing this the output result would also be rounded off so I dismissed this method. But you are saying that the output result will actually correspond to the entered value of 1.8546? Well then it is great news to me!

Tim

Reply to this topic: