FabFilter User Forum

Serious Issue Fab Filter Pro q 2 Ableton <- FIXED

Hello,

I have an issue with Ableton 9.6.2 and Fabfilter pro Q 2.07.
It's a serious issue that prevents me using correctly the plugin, if I create a dot to tweak a frequency and then I move the dot up or down a few times with the mouse it will automatically set the Q super large. I captured a video a sent it to the support mail.

This is actually ruining my experience with this plugin and I cannot use it for now as I cannot properly mix with it.
Hope you can help, thanks.

Steve

Hi Steve,

This is a k nown issue and bug in Ableton Live (confirmed by Ableton). See www.fabfilter.com/forum/1032/pro-q-101-problem-in-ableton for more info.

Please do e-mail Ableton about this as well and try to convince them to finally solve this in an update...

Floris (FabFIlter)

Hi Steve, or everyone else who is regularly experiencing this problem... We've devised a workaround for this issue since Ableton doesn't seem interested in fixing it.

Can you contact us so we can send you a test version to see if the workaround is successful for you?

Thanks!

Frederik (FabFilter)

We've now released Pro-Q 2 version 2.10 which contains a workaround for the above problem. From www.fabfilter.com/news/1489392000/all-fabfilter-pro-plug-ins-updated:

"Added a workaround for a bug in Ableton Live on Mac that could cause the Q parameter for a band to be reset to its minimum value when dragging it around in the AU plug-in version of Pro-Q 2."

You can download the latest versions of all plug-ins via www.fabfilter.com/download

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: