FabFilter User Forum

Full Screen Mode Causes Ableton Live 9.7.1 Crash in Sierra

Hello,
As the title says, I'm on the latest version of Ableton and macOS Sierra. Whenever I go full screen mode with any FabFilter plugins, after I exit from full screen, my screen will turn completely white, I can't get out of it no matter what, then it's followed by Ableton crash if I force quit.

Does anyone else have this problem? macOS Sierra is really getting on my nerves. Ever since switching to Sierra on the new macbook pro I'm always crashing, I'm crashing everyday at least 10 times when making music. I've never had any problems with Ableton or FabFilter with any previous macOS.

Jake

Hi Jake,

We are aware of this issue, and will have an update fix for this soon!

Floris (FabFilter)

Hi Jake,

We're currently testing with a fix for this issue. Can you email us directly so we can send you a link to the plugins with this fix?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for the replies! just sent email.

Jake

This problem is also in Pro tools with sierra as well as pro tools crashing even without the plugin full screen engage. just by using any Fabfilter Plugin for a few minutes.

Ilya Lishinsky

hey all same white screen problem in logic and bitwig, would love to try the plugs with the fix if you still need people. Using the newest burliest MBP with touch bar if you need someone with one of those to check it out as well. Thanks love the plugs!!!!!!!!!

barry sebastian

We just released an update for all plug-ins that solves these issues with the latest MacBook Pro and more:

www.fabfilter.com/news/1482240993/new-bug-fix-update-for-all-plug-ins

Floris (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: