FabFilter User Forum

Pro-R Surround Support?

I sure hope I'm wrong, but I see nothing about surround support in the intro videos. I hope this is just an omission in the marketing? If not, it makes it much less useful for those of us mixing for film, tv, VR.

Please tell me it has surround support??

Rich Breen

Hi Rich,

This first version will not include surround support, but we're planning to work on this very soon, and it will surely be added in a future (free) update!

Floris (FabFilter)

OK - thanks for the reply! Hard for me to build it into my workflow if I can only use it for my stereo projects.

Looking forward to hearing it!

Rich Breen

Rich, one very handy way to incorporate a stereo reverb into a surround workflow is route the stereo reverb send track to a surround bus. This way you can pan the stereo reverb to exist anywhere in the surround space, or even move it around with automation. If CPU allows, route additional stereo reverb send tracks to the same surround bus and create complex reverb positioning without needing a surround plugin

Matthew Cameron

Hi Matthew,

Thanks, that's an interesting suggestion indeed! However, in a true surround reverb, all channels would have some sort of cross-feeding to create the most faithful imaging...

We will work on surround support for all our Pro plug-ins in the future. Actually, we have a session in a large surround studio next week to learn more about the topic before we start developing....

Note that it will still take us quite sime time to bring surround support to our plug-ins; we'll probably do this one plug-in at the time, and Pro-R is surely high on the list.

Floris (FabFilter)

+1 on surround support and especially on pro-R. I love FF plugins (your GUIs are really the best, IMO) and own many of them but the lack of surround support kept us, post guys, from buying proR right away after its release. It's really nice learning that FF team is working on it. Thx!

Cyril

Hi, are there any news on a Surround version of Pro-R?
I am looking at several algorithmic SR reverbs at the moment. With a close Pro-R SR update release I would go with that of course. Even if it was an paid update.
And also a Surround Version of Pro-L and a dynamic Version of Pro-Q2. Then I could sell nearly all my other Plugins :)

Cheers,
Saro

Saro

We are working on surround support in general, but I can't promise any specific release dates for a surround version of Pro-R at the moment.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Agree. I own the DMG Equilibrium and Pro Q2. Both are terrific EQ's and I like Pro Q2 for some features even better.
But still Equilibrium is winning when inserted on multichannel tracks.
A 5.1 and 7.1 support is essential for the post work.

Michael Goorevich

I would love if Pro Q2 would match the D-Command Eq section more logical, just like the Equilibrium.

Michael Goorevich

We already did a lot of work improving the Pro Tools page table mappings but we'll look into the Pro-Q 2 mapping for D-Command to see what we can do there!

And we do hear you all regarding surround support. :)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

It's not impossible to map Pro-Q 2 to D-Command. Add 4 nodes and check which knobs they are assigned to in the EQ section. Then turn the nodes into the filters that they correspond to. You can use PT Control for iPad to set this up too.

Evan

No news regarding surround for PRO-R?

Best,

Morten

Can we expect multichannel Pro-R this year? It would be great :)

Best,
Michal

Michal

Would be amazing to have multichannel support soon! Newly purchased and amazed by the sound of Pro-R but limited uses for post with only stereo...

Ed Rousseau

Hi Ed, others,

Surround support for Pro-R is certainly on our wish list! But so are many other things... We're working hard on a lot of different things right now! :-)

Floris (FabFilter)

Another plea for long-awaited multi-channel for post

Pablo H

Hi,

Any news about surround support.?

Best wishes.

Aytug

Aytug Ondes

Please Developers, Its about time for the surround support in Fab Pro R.

Vijay Rathinam

We know! It won't be long now.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: