FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 2 - EQ bands being set to widest Q <- FIXED

Sometimes when I'm doing fine adjustments to an EQ band in Pro-Q 2 by grabbing the handle on the graph, when I let go of the mouse button the band will suddenly be set to the widest Q possible... I can recover the previous Q setting with the undo button.

Seems to only happen with the AU version of Pro-Q 2... haven't experienced it in the VST version so far.

OS X 10.10.5
Ableton Live 9.6 64 bit

Vance

This is a known problem... We traced it to a bug in Live 9 back in January 2015. Ableton has confirmed it, but so far they haven't fixed it. We've reminded them a few months ago, maybe it would help if Live users would contact them as well?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Have just emailed them, hopefully they fix it soon

Vance

Is there any update on this... I experience this same issue all the time.

Aaron

Best thing you can do is remind Ableton! Apparently they're not very interested in fixing it, but complaints from their users might change their mind. :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Since Ableton doesn't seem to give any priority to solving this longstanding issue in Live, we have now come up with a work-around in version Pro-Q 2 version 2.10. From www.fabfilter.com/news/1489392000/all-fabfilter-pro-plug-ins-updated:

"Added a workaround for a bug in Ableton Live on Mac that could cause the Q parameter for a band to be reset to its minimum value when dragging it around in the AU plug-in version of Pro-Q 2."

You can download the latest versions of all plug-ins via www.fabfilter.com/download

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: