FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q2 is crashing daw's all the time

I'm using latest FF plugins, but older did that too. Vst 2 64bit. Both, FL and S1 will freeze / crash on Pro-Q. Mainly if I tune Q with mousewheel, but could happen on any action. Happens radomly, but very often. Win 7, 64 bit, radeon 6800hd here. I have feeling that this have something to do gui / analyzer, or not. But. but daw's will freeze, if the gui is open and you do something. Anyway, it crashing both hosts all the time, so there is a definately a bug. Thanks for fixing it!

Matt

Just remembered that MB did this too, so I am quite sure that this is related to the GUI / Grapic things :3

Matt

and I have latest GFX driver and everything is updated also..

Matt

Hi Matt,

Can you send us a crash report via email? To create a crash report on Windows, right-click on the task bar and click Task Manager. In the Processes tab, locate the process of the host, right-click on it and click Create dump file. Please send us the dump file using e.g. Wetransfer since it's usually quite large.

Thanks,

Frederik (FabFilter)

... And for now, you'll probably be able to fix the crashes by turning off graphics acceleration:
www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/18/how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

But please still send the crash dump so we can have a look at what causes the crash on your system.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: