FabFilter User Forum

installer ignores deselected options?

when I tried to find a pdf manual in the program files fabfilter folder I found a subfolder (by accident) that makes me think the aax plugin might be installed even though I deselected it during install. I'm really (really!) sure I deselected that option during all installation tests I did within the last year, but it's always there. it even has different creation timestamps for those plugins I haven't had installed for a while. because I don't have protools I can't even say if this folder is always there even if the option is deselected, but I checked on twin2, and the file with the ending .aaxplugin (in the contents\win32 folder) is almost the same size as the vst plugin. I assume I could safely delete that folders, but I'd like to have your opinion on that.

it seems to have happened with the most recent plugin bundle, the bundle from august 2015 and some single installers all the same. (that's why there are different folder creation times).

kylie

Hi Kylie,

All plugin formats are always installed in the C:\Program Files\FabFilter location so you can copy them manually if needed. If you uncheck the AAX checkbox during installation, the AAX plugin is not copied to the Pro Tools plugin folder.

You can safely remove the AAX plugin manually if you want.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

yeah, but won't it come back with every update? not that fabfilter stuff would have a significant foodprint when it comes to disk space, but I expect installers to respect my choice. most of them do (or at least pretend to). anyway, good to know that this is at least intentional, although I'd rather have the pdf manual included in the install than that aax stuff I'm not gonna use...

still, thanks for your answer, frederik :)

-kylie-

kylie

Reply to this topic: