FabFilter User Forum

Pro tools AAE error 9173 and 6191

I'm getting a lot of 9173 and 6101 errors, mostly 9173, on my macbook pro with pro tools 12.4.
I think i have pinpointed it to the fabfilter plugins. Very often when I open a FF plugin window i get a 9173 error. It does not seem to have anything to do with the DSP load as it doesn't matter where the DSP meter is. It might happen more often when i pass 15%. Ive never passed 25% on any session yet so theres supposed to be a lot of DSP left. Also it does not matter where i have my hardware buffer size.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Latest version of FF, dec 2016
Macbook pro early 2015. dual 3,1gHz I7, 16m ram, SSD with lots of space. Using built in output as sound device.
Pro Tools 12.4.

/
Emil Isaksson
studio möllan
Malmö Sweden

Emil Isaksson

Hi Emil,

I'm sorry but that doesn't sound familiar to us. The 9173 error means "Out of CPU power" but that sounds quite odd for the CPU load that you're describing. It could be though that Pro Tools is showing the CPU load for all cores, but is loading all plugins on a single core for some reason (i.e. they're all on the same track). Since you have 8 cores, 12.5% would be the maximum in this case. That's all I can think of...

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: