FabFilter User Forum

Graphics Acceleration needs further support for all DAWs

First of all I must commend FF on excellent plugins that not only sound amazing, have the best UI around but are so easy to use.
Then comes the not so good.
I have had to manually adjust the 'Registry Editor' entries to turn off graphics acceleration as per previous thread www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/18/how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer
for Pro-L, Pro-C2 and Pro-Q2 top prevent unpredictable crashes.
Saturn and Volcano work fine.

I am using a self built PC with processing power to spare in spades, all drivers up to date, Windows 8.1, FL Studio 12.13 with the 64bit FF plugins (again not upgraded to 12.2 as I read the problem is worse and would have to use the VST 2 versions)

Unfortunately been unable to capture any data to help identify crash logs etc, but it is a forced closing of the FL Studio instance.

Looking back over previous FF threads this is a long standing issue, over 14 months! I think that it is important that FabFilter look to address such stability issues prior to adding additional functionality to such plugins.
Certainly the accelerated graphics do enhance the ease of use and mitigate the risk of an epileptic seizure from the stuttering seen in Pro-L.

To sum up... please FabFilter if there is one thing on your New Year's resolution list can it be a fix for accelerated graphics support in all DAWs.
If you can't do all, at least FL Studio:))

Phink

I strongly suspect that this is the same problem with our VST3 plugins as has been reported for FL Studio 12.2. It doesn't have to do with graphics acceleration. You should find no crashes (with or without graphics acceleration) if you use the VST 2 plugins instead.

We'll release updated plugins soon to fix this.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thank you for this Frederik.
I am using the VST 3 versions with acceleration off with no problems at present.

Looking forward to the update.

Happy New Year to you and the FF Team.

Phink

Reply to this topic: