FabFilter User Forum

High-DPI problems (Windows)

Hi,

Having downloaded the updated plugins, excited that they now support High-DPI settings (at 150% & 200% scale) on Windows, I'm now confused.

Windows 7 x64, Studio One 3.1, High-DPI mode at 200% scale.

Studio One starts up on my 4K monitor, looking really crisp, with everything the same UI scale as if on a 1080p resolution - Very nice.

I load any of the Fabfilter plugins... and I can't read the text - it's tiny - in fact, they look just like non-DPI aware plugins.

They're the very latest versions.

Am I missing something ? I'd love to have them nicely crisp and scaled, and I'm really happy the support it being added, but I just can't seem to find it working.

Thanks.

Koalaboy

Hi,

Our plugins require Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 for High DPI support, as they use the new per-monitor features in Windows 8.1. We could adapt them to also work on Windows 7, but I remember (apparently incorrectly) that 200% scaling wasn't supported on Windows 7.

There is a registry option that you can use to force 200% scaling which might work for you. To set this, click the Start button, type 'regedit', Enter to open the Registry Editor. (You might have to give permission to continue.) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FabFilter\Pro-Q\2.0. Double-click the RetinaEnabled value, and change its value to 200, making sure that the Decimal option is checked. You can repeat this for all the plugins that you want to use.

Or you could just do the free upgrade to Windows 10. BTW, I agree with you that Studio One's High DPI support is top-notch.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederik,

Thanks for the info - I'll give this a go later after work.

I had upgraded to Windows 10, but various problems (USB3 chipset issues, forced changes, etc.) with no benefit has moved me back to 7.

Windows 7 allows a custom DPI scale percent, although the presets only went up to 150% and I assume Windows 10 has a similar mechanism.

Both Studio One 3.1 and FLStudio 12 pick up the correct settings.

Anyway, I'll be sure to let you know if your advice regarding the registry works.

Many thanks.

Koalaboy

Hi again.

That worked absolutely perfectly !!

Thanks a lot. My plugins now look more beautiful than ever.

:D

Koalaboy

Just a note that we've now released a bug-fix update for all plugins that fixes this issue, making High DPI available on Windows versions before 8.1 without needing to resort to registry tricks.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: