FabFilter User Forum

Pro-C features that have been removed/deprecated?

Loving Pro-C2 so far, but after having used version 1 for so many years it's a bit disorienting trying to find once-familiar features. (For example, where are the GUI opacity controls now?)

I see that the sidechain section has seen the most obvious visual changes, mostly in the name of usability and mostly they're improvements. But there seems to have been some compromise in M/S detection options. Am I wrong about that?

I'm wondering now what else has been removed or deprecated between Pro-C 1 and 2. Is there a list, maybe?

bitflipper

You're right: Pro-C v1 provided more flexibility in its side-chain options, but we felt it was very hard to understand what was happening exactly. It wasn't straightforward to set up common scenarios such as fully linked, fully unlinked, compressing just the mid part, etc. That's why we've chosen to simplify things in Pro-C 2. You don't have the total flexibility that Pro-C v1 provided, but on the other hand, everyday use has become a lot easier!

And we've removed the opacity controls because we felt they weren't necessary.

Apart from these, Pro-C 2 should be able to do everything Pro-C v1 could!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I really dislike where they have placed the Input volume in C2. It should be at the beginning of the chain (left side) and easy to find.

C1 had it in the perfect place... the first knob on the left that you see.

Forrest

Can you use C1 still if you've upgraded to C2?

>

Planetnine

Yes of course, you can run both versions at the same time just like with Pro-Q 2. If you're a new Pro-C user and only have a Pro-C 2 license, contact us via email for a free v1 license if needed.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

That's not to bad then, the removed functions aren't such a big deal if we can choose between C1 and C2 on a track/clip.

Thank you.
Nathan.
>

Planetnine

Reply to this topic: