FabFilter User Forum

Plugins issue in Studio One 3

Hello,

I downloaded the trial version the "Total bundle" and I'm having this issue in Presonus Studio One 3.01:

If I open Pro-Q 2 and Pro-L, then close both of them, then re-open Pro-Q 2, it freezes Studio One for about 1 to 2 seconds. If I re-open Pro-Q 2, then close it, the 1 to 2 seconds delay happens intermittently.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Zeeshopper

Adding to my post:

- My OS is Windows 8.1 64 bit
- Graphic Card is nVidia GeForce 550ti (latest driver version)
- I tried with both VST2 and VST3 (64 bit) in Studio One and I have the same issue
- I tried with FL Studio 12 (64 bit) and the problem doesn't occur at all

Zeeshopper

I just tried this in my Studio One 3.0.1 (x64), also running Windows 8.1 and using a GeForce GTX 680.

I can't reproduce this with the steps you mention, albeit using the registered plug-ins, but I doubt that should matter.

GPU accelleration is enabled in the plug-ins as well and I'm using the VST3 versions.

Torben Andersen

I forgot to mention that I have 2 GeForce 550ti, and 3 DELL Monitors. Maybe that's why I'm getting some issues.

Zeeshopper

That could perhaps be a factor. I run 2 monitors but from a single card.

It'd be worth testing if the issue is there only using a single card.

Torben Andersen

Hi Zeeshopper,

Do you have any high-res monitors? e.g. taking advantage of Studio One 3's high DPI support?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hello Frederik,

I do not have any high-res monitors. I've tried enabling the High DPI option in Studio One, but it didn't fix the issue.

Zeeshopper

Reply to this topic: