FabFilter User Forum

Sidechaining Pro-C

Hi. I'm trying to get sidechaining working in Audition using Pro-C, but no joy yet. I don't know if the problem's Audition, Pro-C or user ignorance. I'm guessing the last one.

I insert Pro-C on the track I want to duck and enable 'Set sidechain input' in Audition. I then go to the trigger track and route a send to the sidechain that's been set up and establish the level I want on the send.

The problem is that Pro-C's compressing the target track right away without being triggered by the trigger track. There's no ducking taking place, it's just maximum compression beginning to end.

Anybody see what I'm doing wrong?

Paul

Hi Paul,

In Pro-C, you need to enable Expert mode and set the side chain input to "Ext".

See here for more information:
www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-c/using/expertmode

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Most excellent! Yes, that works, and yes I'll study what you linked to. Thanks.

Paul

Paul

Okay, I studied the bit you linked to, and I watched some of Dan Worral's video tutorials about Pro-C, and I have another question. Talking about expert mode, Dan mentions the possibility of patching an EQ into the sidechain detection path. I don't know if this is a Fabfilter question, or a question for my DAW, but how do you do that? If I insert an EQ before the Fabfilter Pro-C plugin in my DAW, the EQ will act audibly on the track, which I don't want.

Paul

Hi Paul,

For this, you need a DAW that allows you to flexibly put inserts in the side chain path. I'm sure REAPER (which is what Dan uses) will let you do this, not sure about other hosts.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Got it. Thanks, Frederik.

Paul

Reply to this topic: