FabFilter User Forum

Fabfilter Pro L keeps crashing Final Cut Pro X

Anybody else getting multiple crashes when using Pro L with FCPX? It happens to me very often and it is a shame, since Pro L is so much better than Apple's own limiter plugin.

Simon

We're not aware of a problem with FCPX. Can you send us a crash log via email (use the Contact link at the bottom of this page)?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I have just installed Pro L on my FCPX machine and it is crashing also.

Pete

Hi Pete,

We have now identified a problem with FCPX which could cause the crash. I've sent you an e-mail about this now!

Floris (FabFilter)

I am getting the same problem. Is there a workaround or fix?

thanks!

Kevin F.

Hi Kevin,

We've implemented a fix for this, which will be introduced in a minor update soon! As a workaround, I think that disabling the 'Background Render' option will prevent these crashes...

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

Hi Floris,

Can you comment on whether the stretched GUI problem in WaveLab 8.5 will be solved too in the minor update coming soon?

Justin Perkins

Hi Justin,

Yes! That will also be fixed!

Floris (FabFilter)

I have a simliar crash issue with FabFilter plugins in Final Cut Pro X. I often use De-esser, EQ, Compressor and sometimes Limiter - I don't know which causes the crash.
The other day it seemed like it was Q3. It kept crashing once I opened the project. After removing the Q3 and then re-adding it to the clip, it stopped crashing.

Kristian Skårhøj

I'm dealing with all fabfilter plugins dropping from FCPX still. Any solutions?

Jeremy Sharp

Adding Pro Q3 to FCPX 10.5.2 Timeline (audio) crashes FCPX (Catalina 15.7) invariably

R Harvey

My fabfilter plugins do not work in Final Cut Pro 10.6.5 at all. They were scanned without a problem and show up in the effects browser. After I load one on a track, there is an exclamation mark on the left side of it and it does not work.

Letb

Hi Letb,

Is this on projects that already had FabFilter plug-ins loaded, or also when you are inserting a new plug-in? A blue exclamation mark usually displays a plug-in that is used in the project but cannot be found in the system. Could you email us a a screenshot to info@fabfilter.com?

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi, I am also getting freezing and crashing with Pro Q 3 in FCPX. Note that I think this also happens with other plugin manufacturer's plugins like iZotope. Seems to be a Final Cut issue. I mostly do my audio editing in Logic now then just bring it over to Final Cut Pro. It's a hassle but it's the best workaround I can think of for right now. I have tried disabling background render in Final Cut and it doesn't seem to help anything.

Jonathan

Reply to this topic: