FabFilter User Forum

Midi Pedal

Have just started using Fabfilter One and the sounds are superb.

I'm triggering from a bass guitar and was wondering if there is a MIDI pedal available or that you can recommend to change the various MIDI/Patch parameters as I'm playing?

Keep up the good work!

Nige

Hi Nige,

I don't know that much about pedals, but FabFilter One has a fixed MIDI controller mapping (which you can find in the help file), so if you want to be able to control various parameters, you would need a MIDI controller pedal that you can program.

You can also try FabFilter Twin; then you can easily control any parameter with any MIDI controller, using Twin's 'MIDI learn' feature.

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

Thanks for that Floris.

I've been checking out the MIDI controller settings as you suggest.
Also, trawling online to see what pedals there are that might do the trick.

The way some of the patches trigger from the guitar is truly inspiring, and to control them in real time with a pedal would be ideal for live work.

Nige

Turns out the Boss bass pedal I already have can control some MIDI parameters on Fabfilter!

The potential problem I now have is that I think I need 2 MIDI signals going into Fabfilter. One, from the actual bass to midi signal converter that triggers the correct note on Fabfilter. The 2nd, for control changes on Fabfilter.

Any suggestions on how this could be implemented? Would the MIDI mapping feature on Twin allow this whereas that on One not?

If I can do all this from the one Boss pedal I will be in sonic heaven!

Thanks

Nige

Nige

Reply to this topic: