FabFilter User Forum

Pro-L 2?

Any work on an updated version of Pro-L?

Mr. Pro L

Updated meaning what?

Mr. Pro-L 1

Maybe add some of the stuff Slate Digital FG-X can do?
A little more options for transient ect...

Suk Long Dong

Pro-C 2 should be the highest priority right now. Pro-L works great already, any any new features would be wishlisted.

Mr. Pro-L 1

I still think the Pro-L is at the top of its game!

Paul

Still my favorite limiter, but there's a lot more competition out there now...

I'd love to see R128 loudness metering, true-peak limiting, maybe higher oversampling, another few dither algos...fun stuff like that.

Eric

I would rather see Fabfilter's take on a reverb first :)

David

No reply at all from FabFilter on this thread? :)

Is a Pro-L 2 planned? Or are you guys even already working on it? Or no plans for a version 2?

Alex

... we're working on a general update and might indeed add some new things to Pro-L as well. But we can't tell yet :-)

Floris (FabFilter)

Thanks! I find it great that you guys reply to these forum threads! You communicate way better with your customers than a lot of other plugin companies.

Alex

Please add to Pro-L a low latency mode for use on individual tracks!

e@rs

@ e@rs

+1

mike

In my opinion FabFilter usually makes the best the best plugins in the world.

For instance Pro-Q 2, Pro-C 2, Pro-MB & Pro-DS are pretty much undisputed nr. 1's.
A little below that Pro-G, Pro-L, Timeless 2, Volcano 2 and Saturn are considered nr. 1 or nr. 2 by a lot of people, but they have very steep competition.
Lastly Twin 2 is almost never considered the best in the world, although still very good.

So personally I think FabFilter has three big tasks in the future:
1. Add a few relatively small improvements to Pro-G, Pro-L, Timeless 2, Volcano 2 and Saturn.
2. Spend a lot of time building Twin 3.
3. Add a new plugin, like a reverb, channel strip or some stereo magic.

A few personal suggestions:
Saturn: add a few ultra nice sounding modes and a bit more dynamics options in order to once and for all beat Decapitator and Vintage Warmer 2.

Pro-L: improve the general sound and maybe add a few subtle multiband options. To definitively beat Elephant, Ozone, FX-G, bx_XL etc.

Mike Marwyn

I love Fabfilter.
However, Pro-L doesn't match to the dance and rock.
Good Limiter is IK Stealth Limiter now.
Stealth Limiter maintains the feature of the transient.
Moreover, the punch of the kick and the transparency of the high bandwidth are maintained.
Stealth Limiter is a powerful enemy for Pro-L2.
And, FG-X2 will be announced before long.
I hope Pro-L2 revives as a king single band.

Pro M

Bit of an older thread but because I do a lot of post production work I'd really love an option to enable true peak limiting as well as, as has been mentioned already, the ability to meter LUFS/R-128 which are the standards now for anyone working in tv/film. I use ProQ2 & ProDS almost daily for this.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Jeremy

You can already do true peak limiting in Pro-L: the ISP option is actually the same.
www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-l/using/metering

Supporting more metering standards is high on our wish list! It requires redesigning the interface a bit which is why we haven't been able to put it in a small bug-fix update.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Is there any update on the release of Pro L2?

T.A.V

We never commit to any specific plans or release dates, but rest assured that it has our attention!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: