FabFilter User Forum

GUI stretch in Wavelab

In doing some various testing of FF plugins in OSX 10.10.2, I noticed that in Wavelab, sometimes when a FF plugin (Pro-L for sure) is inserted, the GUI becomes stretched horizontally and a black space at the top..

I've had this happen with others plugins in Wavelab before and I think PG was able to fix on the Wavelab side, but I also remember on my main computer I had to turn off graphics acceleration to solve some FF GUI problems.

When I toggle to another plugin in the plugin chain and back to FF, the GUI goes to it's normal state.

Here's a pic of the stretched GUI:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20660906/Screen%20Shot%202015-02-28%20at%2010.50.11%20AM.png

Here's a pic of the normal GUI:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20660906/Screen%20Shot%202015-02-28%20at%2010.50.25%20AM.png

This doesn't happen on my iMac main machine but that is running 10.9.5 and may also have the graphics acceleration turned off.

Justin Perkins

Disregard, turning off graphics acceleration fixes the issue.

Justin Perkins

We're aware of this problem, which was introduced in WaveLab 8.5.1. From this version on, WaveLab moves the plugin interface to a different window after creating it, which our plugins don't handle correctly. In our latest releases (Pro-Q 2 and Pro-MB), we've added code to correct this, but the other plugins don't have this yet.

An easy workaround (if you don't want to turn off graphics acceleration) is to click two times on the small 'window' button in the title bar, next to the close button. That restores normal behavior.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks Frederick,

I guess I hadn't noticed the issue on my iMac because I turned FF Graphics Acceleration of a while back because of a slightly different GUI issue in Wavelab.

I was doing some testing on my laptop with OSX 10.10 and I had never turned graphics acceleration off on that as I don't use it much for audio work.

Aside from what the name obviously implies, what are the pros and cons of graphics acceleration for FF plugins?

Will we see a Pro-L update soon?

Justin Perkins

Hi Justin,

Graphics acceleration offloads the work of compositing and displaying the interface graphics to the GPU. This frees up the main CPU to do audio work, and it also allows for much higher frame rates in the interface and thus smoother movement and animation.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: