FabFilter User Forum

High Resolution Bug

Hi there,

Since getting a 3840x2160 screen (Samsung UE40HU6900 running at 30Hz), I've noticed that there's a lot of lag when closing any FabFilter plugin window. Upon clicking the cross at the top right of a FabFilter plugin, everything on screen will pause for about 5-10 seconds before the window finally closes. This behaviour occurs even when there's only one plugin active in a new project and CPU usage is at 1%.

My setup:
Cubase Pro 8 (x64)
Windows 7 SP-1 (x64)
Nvidia GTX780
Primary Display: Samsung UE40HU6900 3840x2160@30Hz)
Secondary Display: Dell 2405FPW (1920x1200@60Hz)

No other plugin I've used have this issue; only FabFilter ones seem to suffer from it.

Thanks, Jim.

Jim

Additional: This bug occurs only once the spectrum has been active on screen or the mouse has been hovered over the spectrum where the movement knobs are. Upon opening a fresh instance of Cubase and opening a project, it is possible to close the Pro-Q 2 and other windows instantly.

Jim

Update: It seems that a new Cubase Pro 8 project I have just created isn't manifesting the bug. I have no idea what might be causing it in all of the other projects apart from this one.

Jim

Sorry to keep posting. You can delete this thread, as I believe it is my graphics card that is causing the issue occasionally.

I don't want to waste anyone's time trying to work out what's going wrong when there's probably nothing wrong with the plugins.

Jim

Reply to this topic: