FabFilter User Forum

Expired demo muting the track

Hi,

I am an avid owner/user of FF plugins and love using them. I own several. However, I seem to have a problem with expired trial plugins.

When a FF demo expires, and it's still instantiated in my Logic 9 channel strip, it seems to simply mute the track or block the audio. It took me a very long time to find out why part of my mix was missing when bouncing out the project.

I would love to have others confirm this or correct me. If it's true than I am still unsure if this is a known side effect of Logic plugins in general or something unique to me.

If Fabfilter developers have control over this behavior, it may be better to simply allow the audio to pass through un-processed when the trial period expires.

What happes (at least in my system) right now is that when I open a project that has an expired FF plugin, there is no notice about it, unless I open the plugin. Even then it's not clear that it will mute the channel.

I'd love to hear some experiences from other users or the developers

Thanks
Avi

Avi

At least it's not as bad as Wolfgang Palm's demos. They straight out crash your friggin' system when they expire.

Sam

Reply to this topic: