FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 2 in WaveLab: settings are not recalled

Hi,

Pro Q 2 is not able to recall settings in Wavelab 8.5. If I load saved presets Pro Q 2 loads as initial setting without any adjustments.

Why is that? v1 of Pro q was loading all right.

I am on Mac os 10.8.5

Denis

This is a problem in WaveLab with VST 3 plugins that we can confirm in WaveLab 8. However, it appears to have been fixed in the latest WaveLab 8.5.10 update. Can you try that?

We're investigating the possibility of implementing a workaround in a 2.01 update. For now, we recommend to upgrade to WaveLab 8.5.10, or use the VST 2 version of Pro-Q 2.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Any news on this? It's a real problem, and behaves pretty much randomly for me. This post was 2.5 yrs ago, and I can confirm that with the latest versions of both Pro-Q 2 and WL 8.5.30, it's still broken.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian

Hey Brian,

Are you saying that if you save a Pro-Q 2 preset and then try to recall it at a later time, it doesn't work?

Are you saving the preset in the VST3 menu or using the presets within the Pro-Q 2 GUI?

Justin Perkins

This is still an issue with Wavelab 9.5 and the latest version of Pro-Q2.
Presets inside Pro-Q2m (with the Pro-Q2 GUI) cannot be recalled in Wavelab.
This happens with other plugins as well so it seems to be a Steinberg-related issue.

Florent

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the report; we're going to investigate this.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I just tried Pro-Q 2 in Wavelab 9.5.15 in the Master Section and could load presets without any problems. Is there a different way that would reproduce the problem?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: