FabFilter User Forum

Using Fabfilter Pro-Q2 EQ Match feature in Steinberg's Wavelab?

First and foremost, AMAZING update guys!!! Thank you!

Can you use the EQ Match feature within an audio editor like Steinberg's Wavelab as opposed to a multitrack DAW? If so, how do you setup the sidechain?

Frank

Thanks! I think Wavelab doesn't let you set a sidechain input so then EQ Match won't work. We're planning to improve EQ Match in a future update so it's more flexible in terms of routing input etc.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for replying.
Hope you guys can improve on this. It would be nice to analyze the eq curve of a source material and apply it to the target track without having to use it as a sidechain. Saving a snapshot of that curve would be also very helpful. Hope you guys can implement this on future updates.

Frank

Hei same question but about ableton, Can I make eq matching in ableton? ThX

GruBass

I'm not positive how this works in other DAWs but I've found in Sonar I can simply put the EQ on the source track, hit match, and then drag it to the target track with all settings intact. Seems "cleaner" than setting up sidechains.

Sander

It's been over 2 years. Has there been any headway made on this. Inability to use in Wavelab is a deal breaker for me.

Andre

Sorry Andre. We haven't forgotten about it and it's still on our wish list for future Pro-Q updates!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I did get a prompt email response:
Hi Andre,

Thank you for your interest in our plug-ins. I'm afraid that's not possible at the moment.. We're thinking about implementing a "fingerprint" type feature that allows you to save the EQ match spectrum. However, this is something for the future as we have some other things to work on first!

If you have any more questions, just let us know!

Cheers,

Maarten de Boer
FabFilter Software Instruments"

Andre

Reply to this topic: